Where magazines and digital meet
and have a fun time together.
The last time I posted something about Rupert Murdoch’s upcoming iPad-only daily newspaper The Daily, I was confused by conflicting reports more than anything else. A recent post on The Wall Street Journal‘s site by Peter Kakfa seems to clarify things a bit — although we need to note that there still has been no official announcement on anything, and that this info is based on what Kafka has heard from “multiple sources”.
So then, if Kafka’s right, here’s what to expect:
- Launch would happen the week of January 17.
- Although coming out daily, it will sell for $1 a week.
- Will have loads of video and multimedia, “including some kind of 3-D effect that lots of people are very excited about.”
- Steve Jobs may participate in a launch event.
- It will introduce “push” subscriptions to the iPad, “where iTunes automatically bills customers on a weekly or monthly basis, and a new edition shows up on customers’ iPads every morning.”